Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 22

Nothing has been resolved. I can't even communicate with a human in customer service or tech support unless I agree to pay for their services/

Original review posted by user Feb 22

Yahoo's email service was incapable of assisting subscribers who had been hacked in the early 2000s, so I waited to see if anything would change. I waited years before trying again to get help from them.

I had sensitive information and deeply personal photographs and emails in my account, most from loved ones who have died. Somehow, my password became compromised, yet Yahoo had no resources to help me with this problem. Fast track to 2021 and I discover that Yahoo has assistance with account retrieval if you PAY for it. I am going to guess that this paid service is due to the fact that Verizon (a HORRIBLE company that is notorious for price-gouging and terrible customer service!) bought Yahoo back in 2017.

The end result: I cannot get any help or even have questions answered unless I PAY Yahoo (Verizon) for help. The chatbot is absolutely useless for my issue and, apparently, Verizon has outsourced customer service for Yahoo to India. Higher profits for shareholders and shady service for consumers.

I have lost precious and sensitive data because of Yahoo and can't even speak with a Yahoo representative unless I pay for it. I am currently searching for any lawsuits launched against Yahoo that I can join.

User's recommendation: Avoid Yahoo email service and stay away from any company that is associated with Verizon.

Preferred solution: I want Yahoo tech support to assist me with retrieving my old Yahoo mail account at no charge, since Yahoo tech support did not have the capabilities to assist me a decade ago, when assistance was still free. My account was not kept safe by Yahoo..

Yahoo Pros: Some news articles.

Yahoo Cons: Charging for email account assistance, Not protecting passwords, Leaving subscribers vulnerable to hackers, Shipping customer service and tech support overseas.

Comments

#1986174

I would like to know how many other Yahoo email subscribers have had the same frustrating and unjust experience with Yahoo.

Yahoo Reviews