Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 25, 2021

Not 'developed" at all. Yahoo has NOT connected with me in any way, shape or form.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I did NOTHING wrong; except perhaps in the eye of one lone foreign person. I have been with them for 25 years, without a single problem. Why NOW would they choose to dump me?

Makes NO Sense at all; especially when they let through comments with filthy names for women, and tRumpites who spread downright LIES; that people actually believe. THOSE are the people Yahoo and AOL should be targeting, not old ladies sitting at home.

Original review posted by user Sep 25, 2021

I am 72 years old with a diagnosis of Dementia. My husband is a 26-year Air Force Veteran.

We just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. For some reason that I cannot fathom, I have been banned from commenting on Yahoo's articles that appear every day on AOL, my browser. I understand 'rejecting' a comment, but NOT being taken down, FOREVER. I NEVER use bad words, and I have stopped saying the word 'you', even if it's being used as a 'generalization'.

I would like to know exactly which comment or comments Yahoo thought were so horrible that they banned me for life! Yahoo has someone on this same site who uses filthy names about women not only as his Username, but again in his comments, yet HE is still on Yahoo's website. Your 'people' who manage the comments' section apparently don't understand that a 'slash' above a dirty word, or a 'dot' above a dirty word doesn't change the fact that it's still a 'dirty word'; and the fact that he refers to women in disgusting ways, makes me even more upset. We have no children, so that makes it all the more important for me to be engaged in conversation to keep my brain working for as long as I can.

I Deserve and Want and Expect to be shown or told which comment or comments that Yahoo thought were so horrible, that I was not just 'rejected', but banned....apparently for life! Not Okay, and Not Fair. Again, 'Rejection' of a comment is fine, and should be used if the comment is meant to hurt someone.

But that person is NOT me. I REALLY NEED THIS, to help keep my brain engage engaged.

Preferred solution: I expect an apology, but also want and NEED to get back on the 'comments' section of the Daily stories of the day. I need to get back engaging with other people!.

Yahoo Cons: Yahoo account deletion without warning or reason.

Comments