1.9

One of my important business email addresses went "dead" with no ability to send or receive email. It took days and days of phone calls and badgering to get this resolved.

First it was going to take 24 hours, then they said 24 to 48 hours, then they said 3 to 5 days! There was NO urgency on their end. I cannot imagine the technical problem was that complex. They just did not care to work on it without repeated phone calls and text chats.

The worst part is that there seems to be No Accountability and No Negative Consequence for the bizmail support services department.

I repeatedly asked who I could report their bad service to that was outside of their sphere. I was never able to get to anyone outside of this completely offshored division of Yahoo!

That means that they have No incentive to do any better.

Reporting to their division is like asking a criminal to go to the Police station to report their own lawless behavior....ain't gonna happen.

When they finally fixed things and asked me if there was anything else they could do, they completely ignored my request to have a name or a phone number of someone to file a formal complaint with and request some financial compensation. The problem was fixed (after Much Frustration) and they simply hope I will go away.

User's recommendation: Consider using a different service if you have critical business email needs!

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Yahoo Pros: No pros.

Yahoo Cons: Poor technical support.

Comments