Verified Reviewer

Locked out of account. Spend a lot of money on paid customer service calls and still not able to access my account that is 13 years old.

Including a copy to yahoos customer service

Sir or Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how disgusted and dissatisfied I am with Yahoo Customer Service. In 2009 I have created a Yahoo account and e-mail address. My full name is Irina Sasha Alexander. The account was created with my middle name Sasha and last name Alexander.

E-mail address is irina.alexander07@***.com. This past Thursday, April 7, 2022 my account was broken into an unknown hacker and all account setting information for recovery was changed. I could no longer access my account since the phone number listed was my old phone number (843 304 ****) which I no longer have assess and another e-mail account (alexanderalexandra@***.vom) was listed as a recovery e-mail for which I no longer have access because it has been years since I used it. I had to call customer service.

Despite all the trial and tribulations - the customer service agent was able to reset everything for me and I was able to change my password and set recent recovery options for which I have access too. Well, my joy was short lived because a few days later, April 13, 2022, the system has detected fraudulent activity on my account, blocked my access and reset the recovery options to old phone number and old e-mail address. I called the customer service again and after speaking with three representatives - NO ONE helped me. So called system did not protect me but punished me.

The system obviously failed because It did not prevent the hackers to illegally access my account and not all I want is to be able to go in and either deactivate or cancel my a count.

I cant even begin to decry the nightmare that this experience has caused me. All of my financial information was compromised. I had to cancel and change all of my bank accounts, credit and debit card. This has been my account for about 13 years and I used it for everything until it was compromised.

To make a long story short - I already have a enormous phone bill pending for these customers service calls.

I currently reside in Germany and work as a contractor for USA government. These calls that I made are not toll free and on the top of being penalized financially - I am about to be penalized even more once I receive my phone bill which I would gladly send it to you. Maybe you can deduct this amount of money from Indian customer service that keep you on line for a long time and barely speak English and certainly have no control of the system that punishes people like me. I dont mind spending money but what I am getting in return?

Absolutely nothing. I hope you take my complaint seriously and resolve this issue for me ASAP because I will not stop until I shed enough light on your piss-poor performance and wrong doing.

The copy of this e-mail is also going to FCC and other appropriate escalation channels. Thanks in advance.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Yahoo as far as you can.

Preferred solution: Access to my Yahoo account .

Comments