33.6K views

Yahoo tried this once before and had a billion complaints. They removed the button to view my comments, all of them, all articles.

People that comment like to see how others react to their point of view. Without that feedback people will stop commenting. Perhaps that's the corporate motive, but if people can't participate they will stop using Yahoo, just as I have.

Why they keep "improving" things that make the experience worse is hard to understand. Yahoo was about as good as it will ever be.

From here on out, improving it produces negative results.

Like Facebook. It's been "improved" into worthlessness.

Product or Service Mentioned: Yahoo Website.

Reason of review: as stated.

Location: Makawao, Hawaii

Comments

#1916127
@PissedConsumer1916071

Was that the dumbest things you ever READ, interesting!

#1917328
@PissedConsumer1916071

BLM ONLY MATTERS TO SLAVE OWNERS!!!

#1916600
@Angela Qdm

"The state should have its own news and comment section on the internet and those who run it should be elected by the congress with term limits." If that occurs, then we're started down the path towards becoming another North Korea.

#1915947

Considering Yahoo's ease of being hacked on a fairly regular basis speaks volumes, and now no longer offers a comment section, smacks of unsavory thoughts. Yet they flagrantly and ever so freely disseminate our personal data for the sake of "advertising", which they cram down our throats.

And now we are soundly silenced. Sell my info, without my permission, I should at least get a cut. Freedom of thought, and much less of speech is being punished, and, in effect, is a form of censorship. Please note how comment sections are being extinguished in many "periodicals".

There are the trolls, but we handle them.

Interaction and reaction, however contrary, or perceived and/or intended offensive, is a natural form of expression, and should inspire thought and maybe some form of understanding. You sell my personal data, yet I have no choice and much less a voice in the matter?

#1915958
@PissedConsumer1915947

Good comment

#1916076
@PissedConsumer1915947

You do know that most of the trolls you speak of are far right & conservatives that have nothing else to do but search the Internet for tinfoil conspiracies and than present them as fact on yahoo comment articles.

#1916357
@PissedConsumer1916076

Most far right and conservatives are actually too busy working or with real life unlike the left for which are the ones that have nothing else to do other than look up polls!

#1916417
@PissedConsumer1916357

85% of the comments on yahoo articles come from far right conservatives people. That’s unless commenting on yahoo articles is considered a job than you might actually be right lol

#1915935

Gees after the second night of the RNC you Liberal Yahoo and media associates just keep spewing out one article after another about things you thought you heard but the country hears what was really said. There is a mental disease for that and it's called Schizophrenia.

#1915957
@PissedConsumer1915935

Yahoo was being generous but I call it a joke...that is what the 2nd night of the RNC looked like....one big circus orchestrated by a bunch of clowns. Let’s start with that air head of a *** actress, oh I mean first lady sounding just as empty headed as her husband.

It’s no wonder she is rarely heard from but after last night I can clearly see why she is just something to look at.

Than they throw in both Nicholas sandmann & that chicken sheet couple the McCloskey to spread white fear and conservatives tinfoil conspiracies to get you conservatives all riled up. I can’t believe this campaign is going to run with the fear and boogy man tactics again & I can’t believe you guys are going to fall for it again but then again Trump did say he loves the uneducated smh...

#1915672

Comments sure helped fill in a lot of the blanks left in the story.

#1915387

They don’t want you knowing anything but what they want you to believe. https://youtu.be/r2Sp8EIHu1A

#1915297

Yahoo does not want anyone to disagree with their articles.

#1915791
@PissedConsumer1915297

Neither does Fox. Been finding that out the last couple days. Your point is?

#1915198

i think yahoo has gone too far prohibiting people to post comments on stories i for one am digusted this almost like communist control over us it s bad enough that the russians are interferring in the elections to get trump reelected i wouldnt feel sad if someone took trump out he d deserve it because hes gone too far with his lies and nasty dealings

#1915807
@PissedConsumer1915198

Apparently Fox has a problem with people who post views that are to close to disagreeing with their articles and community. ------------------------------------- I had to change my response to someone who challenged my knowledge in a subject 2 times after making my original post.

The third try was a post saying I made 2 previous posts that were deleted because I may have posted information to close to TOS violations or they may not have liked my posting style. THAT post didn't get deleted. ------------------------------------- I watched to see if Fox would approve my first 2 posts to that person. They had the deleted posts under review for almost an hour before posting them.

I deleted the 2 posts that followed the original because the first post is the one I wanted. ------------------------------------- Since the above incident, every post now I make is immediately deleted by Fox. THAT's suppression of speech.

So, all the conservative's whining about suppression of speech by Yahoo is BS after my experiences at Fox. ------------------------------------- The only reason I haven't closed that Fox account is because if I delete the account, my reply to that person who challenged my knowledge is deleted.

#1915817
@PissedConsumer1915198

This is PissedConsumer191****. I forgot to mention in my above post about Fox that if someone posts a reply disagreeing with you and you find a FOX article, pull a quote out of it, post the quote and FOX article article you're referencing that proves them wrong, all you get is crickets from the Fox community,

#1915189

This is typical Pelosi type tactics, Yahoo is frightened of readers comments. Yahoo should be shut down for violating rights of free speech.

#1917329
@PissedConsumer1915189

Sue Yahoo for Constitutional rights violations (free speech for one) and then cancel them and put them out of business.

#1914944

Who do you think set up the first Stock Exchange in New York! Who do think own most of the American banks!

Who do you think own most of the media in the US. Why do you think US is so active in the middle east? Where do you think the 10 trillion dollars that were printed since 2008 (without the authorization of the congress) ended up? They are all one people, who think they are chosen.

Do you think any politicians can do anything about this and still be alive? Stop fighting each other and concentrate on real issues.

comments

Yahoo Reviews

Yahoo reviews