Verified Reviewer

1.3

I purchased the Wordpress Design for my website from Yahoo on 2/12/2021 and it was expensive. The designer contacted me on 2/16/21 and we discussed the site and what I thought I needed.

He claimed he could do all of it and requested that I send him all the pictures and all the copy for the site. I told him that I wanted to redesign my banner first and rewrite most of the copy as well as add a page and delete another. Having built my previous site my self on Sitebuilder I began to think that if I had to do all that and give it to him I could just use the Webbuilder program and built the new site myself. But I still wondered if it might be better to upgrade.

The designer said he could do the banner and everything and he would use my first page of the site to create a sample for me and then submitted to me a copy of my (new) first page. It was my first page that I had designed myself with a horrible banner he had created in place of the one I had done. At that point I told him I wanted to cancel. We were obviously not a good fit and I knew I could do better myself.

I only chose Wordpress because the salesperson told me that it was a better site program than what I had before and it had a better look. But for all the impending trouble I was suspecting because I thought maybe the communication was not good I told the person I just wanted to cancel. He might have been a good designer but not for me. They have given me the run around since Feb.

19th and then he called me on March the 2nd and said that I could not get a refund because he had done the work. I had given him nothing to design so he has done no work. I am still trying to get a refund and they are playing all these call back games with me. I have been with Yahoo since 2005 and this is very disappointing and terribly stressful.

They should have given my refund on the 19th and been done with it but I'm still dealing with this.

Such horrible customer service and such a language barrier I think the designer may not even have understood what I wanted or needed. Its such a shame.

User's recommendation: At this point hiring the Web Design Team is a risky business. They may not all be as bad in communication and design ability as the one I ended up with but its just a risk if you can communicate your ideas and issues well you may be ok but I'm done with Yahoo in that respect.

Yahoo Pros: Been with yahoo for many years and never had any problems.

Yahoo Cons: Webdesign teams inability lack of authority to resolve issues.

Comments