2.1K views
3.3

yahoo news keeps deleting my comments on yahoo news even if its a simple comment and yahoo always deletes my comments for being too long this is a violation of the first amendment there is proof of this all over the internet its not just me and people are getting sick of yahoos shocking disregard for the constitutional first amendment and in case yahoo hasnt read the constitution like every other big greedy company out there here is what the first amendment means:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting ...

Yahoo Pros: Email.

Yahoo Cons: Yahoo disrespect for 1st amendment.

Comments

#1719413
@PissedConsumer1351150

Libs are the last ones who should be calling anyone else crazy.

Yes, I have seen Yahoo News do the very same thing concerning my comments, especially about the "global warming" fraud:

This is just more anthropogenic (human-caused) "global warming" hype and propaganda backed by fraudulent and flimsy "science" so that globalists may place yet another tax on us all. CO2 is GOOD for plants, and plants, which produce oxygen, are GOOD for other life on the planet, including mankind; moreover, a somewhat warmer planet would actually be healthy for us all, and life on Earth would flourish by comparison to how things are now. Real science says more CO2 would be GOOD for us all.

Fire Marissa Mayer for allowing the Yahoo employees to engage in behavior with total disregard for my 1st. Amendment rights by deleting comments on news articles.

Yahoo kept deleting my Joan River's comments on all of the Trump Inauguration news stories! The fact that she exposed Michael (Michelle) Obama, and was murdered by this Administration!

Same was arguing about Obamacare, in fact I had top comment on there with around 800 likes.

I come to check on some debates I had earlier and it was gone.

Nowhere to be found, ever since the election it has only gotten worse, it feels like there are bots too everywhere as multiple people just post the same comments again and again.

While I'm with you with regard to Yahoo's unwillingness to let some political opinions be heard, it has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. The 1st Amendment applies to the Federal Government (and, because of the Supreme Court's mangling of the 14th amendment, State governments).

It has nothing to do with private companies. A private company, like Yahoo, can censor anything it wants, and none of it is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

But what they do sucks anyway, so ignore them and find another news source.

I suggest Drudge. And I recommend saving your comments for sites that won't delete you.

Yahoo won't allow me to comment. The only person I have dissed is the president.

I have never attacked another poster. I rarely even respond to another.

@PissedConsumer1096096

Fire Marissa Mayer for allowing Yahoo employees to disregard 1st. Amendment rights. YAHOO SUCKS!!

I wrote a comment on Yahoo News about bone marrow transplants and a woman wrote back telling me it doesn't hurt. All I said was, They drilled 263 holes my iliatic crest and it sure does hurt.

She got mad at me and asked me why I was arguing with her. I told her she wasn't a bone marrow donor but I am and went through it. The next thing I know everything is being moderated and most things I write are deleted now. If I agree with 99% of the commenter's, I still get deleted.

If I write something and it isn't deleted, my friends can't give a thumbs up but can give a thumbs down. Most of the time I can still see my post but no one else can and when I sign out and come back on, I cannot find my post. My browser does a search and page after page my posts are missing.

In my Opinion the women that moderate Yahoo are suffering from misandry(man hating).

If you are a tiny bit conservative, they delete your comments too. Time for me to not bother wasting my time commenting.

@PissedConsumer1015756

"Most of the time I can still see my post but no one else can"...100% true!! That way people think it's on there but they fail to realize it's just a 'ghost-post' where only you can see it!

You're dead wrong. A web site can completely abridge or censor anything they like.

It's a private web site and you can join or not. This has been decided in court numerous times. If you want to publish your opinions you can always start your own web site. I'll bet you would limit what people could say on it.

I have participated in many forums and they all have standards that you have to adhere to or they will edit your comments, delete them or ban you altogether, and they don't even need to give a reason.

All completely legal.

Freedom of Speech is not absolute and there are exceptions to it.

I'm not being a smart *** when I say you should do some research. I did and learned a lot about it.

@ramjet

I STILL SAY *** YAHOO- THEY SUCK *** TOO CONTROLING- AND I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY THEY ARE ALL UP IN MY EMAIL ACOCUNTS EITHER- THIS CENSORSHIP *** IS RIDICULOUS- THEY ARE BIASED TO SAY THE LEAST. I'M SODONE WITH THEIR ***

Yahoo Reviews